When I make a roast I prefer to do it the slow cooker. It minimises the change of me burning it and it stays incredibly moist. Win, win!
- 2-3 potatoes
- 2-3 carrots
- 2 onions
- salt and pepper
- 2 kg roasting beef
- 1/2 cup of water or beef stock, or white or red wine
- 2 bay leaves
- any herbs you might desire
- Cut the veggies into slices and place at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Season beef with salt and pepper, then place on top of the veggies.
- Add water or stock, red or white wine and extra seasoning to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours for well done meat, 6-7 hours for medium. or on high for 5-6 hours.