So many people struggle to find ultimate health, simply because of the confusion of the clever food marketing gurus and advertising campaigns they are bombarded with on a daily basis.
I say “Turn off your TV” and turn on your brain. A healthy lifestyle is not rocket science.
Let me give you some simple tips to get you going in the right direction.
- Food is more than calories. Food is information, it talks to your genes, in fact it becomes you, your organs, your thoughts, your feelings and emotions. What you put into your body ultimately impacts you either positively or negatively. Choose well.
- What you put on the end of your fork impacts your health. It is that simple. Only eat real food. You know, the stuff you can still recognise. Anything that is highly processed will ultimately wreak havoc on your body, sooner or later.
- Eat real food. Artificial sweeteners have shown to trigger changes in your brain and your hormones, driving you to eat more and slowing down your metabolism. This makes you gain more weight and put fat on your body. The first 2 tips should be enough to stop you from grabbing the diet drinks or even the low fat (artificially sweetened) food products. But it case it didn’t, I hope this tip will.
- Have protein every morning. It will increase your metabolic burn rate by 7 calories a day. Over a year that amount equates to 11 pounds! Yay, for eggs in the morning!
- Add a good quality supplement and omega 3 capsule to your health regimen. It will help with the metabolism of your macro nutrients and reduce inflammation in your body. Overweight people have high levels of inflammation in their bodies. Adding a good quality Omega 3 supplement to their diet will make losing fat a bit easier. Of course adding anti inflammatory foods into your lifestyle should also be a priority.
- Last but not least; keep it simple. It is crazy out there, in the world. If we believed it all, everything you’d touch or eat will kill you! Maybe we should join the Breatharian movement? Nah, just kidding. Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables. Add a small portion of protein and add some healthy fats. That does not include Margarine, by the way. That’s not food…….Bon appetit.
If you want more information or a push in the right direction, an answer to a question you are welcome to contact me at email@example.com
Let’s keep in touch on Instagram and Facebook.